My education book is keepin it real
apocatastase asked: Hi hello! Ive had a question in my mind for a while and i was thinking you might be able to answer it! So my question is, why do we invalidate some people's (especially white, male, cis) opinions just for being one or more of those things. Like "what you say doesn't count because you're a white male." Why don't we just go like "What you're saying is smart so I validate it" or "What you're saying is hella dumb so I do not validate it"
The thing is, “we” (in the sense of the entire world) don’t invalidate white cis male opinions. White cis men are seen as the ultimate authority on everything, to the point that America’s congressional panel on reproductive rights is made up of exclusively white cis men. White cis men are the most likely demographic to be academic professors on topics like minority studies, women’s studies, etc. They are most likely to write the dictionaries and history books. They are most likely to be politicians, religious leaders, CEOs, etc. Their opinions are in no way discounted or dismissed in the world as a whole. The world ranks their opinions as being more valuable than even the people who actually experience the things they’re talking about.
So when people on Tumblr say white, cis male opinions don’t matter, what they mean is “white cis male opinions on things that don’t effect white cis males don’t matter.” or “white cis male opinions are heard so disproportionately everywhere else, that this is one place where their voices will not be given any priority.”
I hope that answers your question.
Here is a list of blogs, websites, or videos that can help you if you are suffering from anything listed below. If you do not suffer from any of these things listed, but do know someone that does suffer from anything listed, these links may also be helpful. Smile, it looks beautiful on you.
If you know of any website that is not listed that would be of help to anyone, please submit it to us here.
Also, our ask is always open, so click here if you ever feel the need to vent.
In case of an emergency, please call the emergency dispatch center.
- Love Is Respect
- Love Is Respect (Digital Abuse)
- Love Is Respect (Emotional/Verbal Abuse)
- Love Is Respect (Financial Abuse)
- Love Is Respect (Physical Abuse)
- Love Is Respect (Sexual Abuse)
- Love Is Respect (Stalking)
Anxiety Disorder/Panic Attacks
- Half of Us
- Help Guide (Anxiety Attacks & Anxiety Disorder)
- Help Guide (Anxiety Medicine)
- Help Guide (General Anxiety Disorder)
- Help Guide (How to Stop Worrying)
- Help Guide (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder)
- Help Guide (Panic Attacks & Panic Disorder)
- Help Guide (Social Anxiety Disorder & Social Phobia)
- Help Guide (Therapy)
- Tanya Burr’s Blog Post
- Zoe Sugg’s Blog Post
- Zoe Sugg’s Video
- Half of Us
- Help Guide (Bipolar Disorder Medication Guide)
- Help Guide (Self Help)
- Help Guide (Signs and Symptoms)
- Help Guide (Treatment)
- Half of Us
- Help Guide (Dealing with Depression)
- Help Guide (Depression: Signs, Symptoms, Causes & Help)
- Help Guide (Teenage Depression: A Guide for Parents)
- Help Guide (Helping Someone with Depression)
- Help Guide (Older Adults & Elderly)
- Love is Louder
- To Write Love on Her Arms
- Half of Us
- Help Guide (Emotional Eating)
- Help Guide (Binge Eating)
- Help Guide (Bulimia)
- Help Guide (Helping Someone With an Eating Disorder)
- Help Guide (Treatment and Recovery)
- National Eating Disorder Association
Grief & Loss
- Help Guide (Coping with a Breakup or Divorce)
- Help Guide (Coping with Grief & Loss)
- Help Guide (Coping with Pet Loss)
- Help Guide (Supporting a Grieving Person)
- Help Guide (The Five Stages of Grief)
Suicidal Thoughts/Suicide Prevention
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
- Befrienders World
- Half of Us
- Help Guide (Dealing with Suicidal Thoughts & Feelings)
- Help Guide (Helping Someone with Bipolar Disorder)
- Help Guide (Suicide Prevention)
- International Association for Suicide Prevention
- National Suicide Prevention Hotline
if breasts, butts and legs are so distracting to men, to the point they cant function
why arent they that distracting to lesbians
and at that point
why isnt the penis bulge and legs not distracting enough to gay men to warrant men being put under the same dress codes
Him: I don’t date black women. It’s just a preference.
Me: Based on what?
Him: Nothing, it’s just how I feel.
Me: Impossible, deliberate aversions come from somewhere.
Him: Its just a preference, that’s all.
Me: No, a preference is preferring broccoli to asparagus. You can say that because asparagus will always taste the same, even when prepared differently.
Me: And we’re not always the same at all. There are hundreds of millions of us and we’re each completely different from the next. If an employer said not hiring Black people was a preference would you agree?
Him: No, but that’s based on stereotypes.
Me: … And what is yours based on, facts?
if you dont like peeps get the hell away from me
do you mean people or is there something american called peeps
either way *gets the hell away from you*
THE FUCK IS THAT IT LOOKS LIKE CANARY SHIT I’M LAUGHING SO HARD
hey now you have not liVED until you’ve had a peep ok
Wait, did we do it? Do we finally have something other countries don’t have/know about?? We’re not the ones who are out of the loop for once?